Volunteer group registration for the 2017 Neighborhood Harvest Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon & 5K presented by Bon Secours In Motion is now open. Group registration will be open from now through the event weekend until all volunteer positions have been filled.
- Volunteer groups can be from companies, churches, athletic teams, civic leagues, cultural organizations, running clubs, charities, military commands, or any similar organization.
- Each volunteer group must designate a volunteer group leader.
Group leader responsibilities are as follows:
- Communicate with J&A Racing staff prior to, during, and after the event.
- Help with volunteer recruitment, group roster submissions, and race day information dissemination.
- Designate one person (if not the group leader) to be the race weekend point of contact. This person must have a cell phone in order to communicate with J&A Racing staff.
- Chronicle the group’s experience with photos so that we can add them to the volunteer group highlight on J&A Racing’s website and Facebook page.
- Monitor the weather as the event approaches and dress accordingly.
- Regardless of any and all weather conditions, prepare your group and have them show up to their assignment with a smile, ready to spread positivity and enthusiasm for the event.
- Personalized letters of community service for each volunteer for their records.
- Volunteer t-shirt for each group volunteer
- Volunteer group highlighted on J&A Racing’s:
- Facebook page
- Instagram page
- Twitter feed
- Access to the virtual runner goodie bag for every group volunteer.
- Opportunity for the group to give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of others, build camaraderie and team chemistry, and showcase to the community who the group is and what your group does.
- Volunteer group may qualify for a donation from J&A Racing. Please contact J&A Racing’s Director of Volunteers, Heather McKeating, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding those qualifications.